Is your life good – or good enough? In the face of today’s nonstop media and social media barrage of ‘get this, do that, go there, live large’ it’s easy to question yourself and your choices.
In the interest of calming things down a bit, I offer a few ideas to consider – ten ways you might know that life is good.
- You engage in work that draws on your unique skills and talents in the service of something that matters.
- You know what’s happening in the lives of your friends and neighbours because you connect with them regularly.
- You show up in the lives of your family members – for the small moments and the big events.
- You chat with your partner often about matters that go beyond the mechanics of everyday life.
- You pursue your dreams and express your most creative ideas.
- You treat your body with care and respect (regular exercise, sound nutrition, sufficient rest).
- You have a spiritual practice that grounds you, nourishes you, and helps you keep life in perspective.
- You contribute to the well being of others in your community.
- You frequently stretch and exercise your mind exploring new ideas and new ways of thinking.
- You know what you value and let that awareness lead your choices.
Mastered a few of these? Others are works in progress? That’s life!
Count your blessings. Relax. Enjoy and know that life is good – and maybe even getting better!
© Patricia Katz, MCE CHRP HoF, is a Canadian speaker and author who works with organizational leaders to ease the load and fuel the spirit. This best selling author of 6 books shares her wisdom regularly with thousands of readers of her e-zine, Pause. Sign up for Pause, and learn more about easing your load here on this site. Contact Pat for programs and publications at email@example.com or 306-934-1807.