Recommended Interview Questions
Here are some great places to start our conversation about overload/overwhelm in the workplace, and appreciation/encouragement in the workplace.
About Overload & Overwhelm
- How serious and pervasive a problem is overload in the workplace? What is the impact on individuals and the cost to our organizations?
- What is the business case for balance? Can stepping away from the work really make us more productive?
- Why is it so hard to step back to reflect, regroup, relax? What drives us and keeps us on the run?
- As a committed team player concerned about burnout, what are the most effective ways to address issues of load?
- How do you delegate to others when everybody else seems just as busy as you are?
- Is multitasking as effective as we think it is?
- How do I unplug from work when I get home at the end of the day or when I wake up thinking about a business problem in the middle of the night? Is it possible – or even desirable – to try to separate work and home?
- What are the early warning signs and signals of overload in life and in the workplace?
- How do I find the time and energy for taking care of me in a world filled with demands from others?
- Why do well-intentioned organizations and capable leaders continue to struggle with overload?
About Appreciation & Encouragement
- Does extending appreciation really make a difference? What does the research say?
- I know I do a great job. Doesn’t everybody? Why do I need to let others know how they’re doing?
- How do we get more comfortable with encouraging others?
- What are some of the major pitfalls when it comes to encouraging others?
- Does ‘one-size-fits-all’ recognition really work?
- When should we extend recognition and encouragement? Can we overdo it?
- We don’t have a budget for recognition. What else can we do?
- How does a formal recognition program come into play? If we have one of those, won’t that take care of everything?
- What do you need to include in an appreciative note or comment to make it as effective as possible?
- I don’t receive much appreciation from others. What can I do to keep my own spirits high?
Check Story Ideas For Media for more program and article suggestions.
Contact Pat now as an expert resource for your article and interview needs.