Peer pressure can be a formidable force through childhood and the teen years. And, it continues to be a presence as we move into our careers and through our adult lives.
As colleagues deliver webinars, package on-line learning, crank out manifestos and e-books, and travel hundreds of thousands of miles a year … I find myself pressed to join in the frenzy.
Then I remember to listen to the voice of my own longings, and realize that I don’t really want to do all those things. I remind myself that I can pick and choose the ones that fit, and let the rest flow by. Not every task is mine to do.
Are there things you find yourself grasping for that you know at your core you don’t really want? Could you make a different choice?
Just a reminder that in recent years I’ve published a number of books and booklets that offer ideas for a ‘better way’.
- Better ways to bring more satisfaction and sanity to life.
- Better ways to renew and re-energize.
- Better ways to create a more appreciative experience at work and beyond.
This link will take you to the Pause Shop where you will find descriptions and sample excerpts for all of these publications:
- Press Pause…Press On – Bringing Balance & Perspective To Work & Life
- Press Pause…Think Again – More Balance & Perspective For Work & Life
- Take A Break – 67 Ways to Pause When You Absolutely Positively Do Not Have The Time
- Take A Bow – 67 Ways to Pause For Applause, Celebrate Your Success & Keep Your Spirits High
Take advantage of quantity discounts and share this great info with colleagues, family and friends.