I don’t normally use family photos in my Pause messages, but today I’m making an exception. Pictured here (with his and his parents’ permission) is my grandson, Leon, who is closing in on three years of age.
This boy LOVES machines of all kinds – from juicers and coffee grinders to garbage trucks, diggers, and front-end loaders.
As he recently helped his Mom turn fruits and veggies into juice, the goofy grin on his face never wavered. He gave voice to his glee proclaiming, “I’m so happy my face hurts!”
How amazing to be so present to the thrill of the moment, and to find the words to express that joy!
This could be the season to practice those skills!
What makes you so happy that your face hurts?
And, how can you make sure you are present for those simple moments of delight?
This will be your last Pause message of the year. I want to express my gratitude for the gift of days that has been 2015.
I’m thankful for:
- Your faithful readership and encouraging words.
- The joy of adventure and travel for business and pleasure.
- Many happy hours spent with brushes, paper and paint.
- Clients who continue to place their trust in me by inviting me to speak at their conferences and learning events.
- A new issue to explore and develop (lighting a spark in the face of malaise).
- The challenges that remind me that life doesn’t guarantee a smooth ride, and that bumps on the road build character.
- The love of family and the fellowship of friends.
- Good health and a home and community where peace is an everyday experience.
May you, too, count your many blessings as you close out the year and anticipate what comes next for you.
Pause messages will resume in February of the new year.
PS – For those of you who may be interested, here’s link to our Katz Family Year In Photos For 2015.